The Fastest Production Motorcycle in the World has had it’s specs released, to wit:
- None. Direct drive motor.
- IPM liquid cooled 150kw+ 10,500 rpm electric motor. This generates an equivalent of 200 hp and 168 ft/lbs of torque.
Battery Pack options:
- 380V 12kwh battery pack good for 100-120 miles per charge*
- 380V 15kwh battery pack good for 120-150 miles per charge*
- 380V 20kwh battery pack good for 160-180 miles per charge*
Lightning Motorcycle exclusively uses the most powerful and safest best of breed batteries currently available.
30 mins on a quick charger or 120 minutes on level 2 charger.
- 495 lbs
- Öhlins FGRT inverted fork
- NIX30 cartridge internals, TiN surface treatment, billet aluminum radial caliper mountings.
- Fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping.
- Billet aluminum swingarm with linear
- Öhlins TTX36 Shock and linkage system
- Adjustment for preload, ride height, high and low speed compression and rebound
- Dual Brembo 320mm disc; Brembo radial-mount forged 4-piston calipers
- 2 Brembo T-Drive 320mm Fully-Floating Rotors
- 2 Brembo Brembo GP4-RX CNC Radial Calipers
WHEELS AND TIRES
- Marchesini forged magnesium 3.5″ x 17″, 120/70ZR17
- Marchesini forged magnesium 6.0″ x 17″, 190/55ZR17
Of course, we’re supposed to forget that they’ve been claiming to be a production motorcycle for several years now, and I’m not sure why we should now embrace this bike as truly “in production”, but this just shows how bitter and jaded I’ve become. I blame
several years of hearing people make claims about new products and then not following through on them but what do I know about bringing a new product to market anyway … society. Yeah that’s it.