Trailer packed, car stuffed, and all ready to head up to the Mountain! I’ll be posting all updates, photos and videos here, so stay tuned…
Want to know who’s coming? In the vernacular of my misspent youth, dig it, bitches:
- New Hampshire Electric Co-op – presenting sponsor.
- Charles MacArthur – In 1974, inventor Charlie MacArthur traded his hot-air balloon for a Corbin Electric Motorcycle – the first of it’s kind – and did nothing less than use it to climb to the summit of Mt Washington. This ride – the first in history – sparked the Mt Washington Alternative Energy Regatta, a week-long celebration of invention, adaptation and creativity to search for alternatives to the nation’s addiction to fossil fuels.Today, at 86, Charlie is still fighting for clean energy and sustainable solutions, will be celebrating over 35 years of Mt Washington Auto Road’s commitment to renewable energy, and, with luck, will be bringing his historic motorcycle for us to see. In the EV and Alternative Energy community Charlie is a legend… and Mt Washington is “Charlie’s Mountain”.
- Solarfest, Inc. – Did you miss SolarFest 2013 this year? Want to learn a little more about what to expect in 2014? Come and visit with SolarFest at the ALT-Energy Summit! SolarFest, Inc. is the Northeast’s premier renewable energy and arts festival—a three-day, family-friendly festival that combines world-class entertainment with not-to-be-missed workshops in renewable energy, sustainability and community engagement. Our mission statement is quite simple, and yet so vital: SolarFest blends art, education, and outreach to inspire conservation, promote renewable energy, and support sustainable communities. Through our steadfast commitment to education, arts and community outreach, SolarFest, Inc. teaches and demonstrates the power and sensibilities of renewable energy and sustainable living at conferences, performances and venues throughout the year.
- Carl Vogel, on the Board of the National Electric Auto Assn, and President of the Greater NY EAA, author of “Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle”
- Mike Corbin, with the Corbin Sparrow 2, of Sparrow Motors and the creator of the Corbin Electric Motorcycle, ca 1974
- Jeff Disinger, with the Electracutioner – now the worlds fastest street legal electric in the 1/4 mile at 9.34@155mph and thanks to Derek at Hightech battery it will have a new motor in the bike for this event.
- NEDRA -The National Electric Drag Racing Association (NEDRA) exists to increase public awareness of electric vehicle (EV) performance and to encourage, through competition, advances in electric vehicle technology. NEDRA achieves this by organizing and sanctioning safe, silent and exciting electric vehicle drag racing events.
- Several NH area auto dealers including Banks Chevrolet, with their Volt, and Lovering Mitsubishi with their MiEV
- Terry Hershner, with the Zero Motorcycle with Vetter streamlining that has made morecross-US journeys than any electric vehicle in history
- Mark Stewart, with his ELF electric vehicle by Organic Transit, who rode from their workshop in Durham, NC to his home in Cambridge, MA.
- The MIT Electric Vehicle Team, bringing their electric Porsche 914 and a few other EV projects
- Berlin Area Renewable Energy Initiative – A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting energy conservation, efficiency and education in our area as well as volunteers that take a hands on approach to help others in the community act on their desire to conserve and produce their own power, in the form of energy raisers. We are currently operating as a Tri-County CAP program.
- Ted Dillard, Event Director
- Mark Gelbien with EnerTrac
- Glenn Johnson with AutoBeGreen
- Mt Washington Auto Road’s bi-fuel (propane/gas) van will be on display
- Bruce Gowan with his Solectria Force, a Geo Metro converted to battery electric
- Black Sparrow Industries – with their Tribey MX-6, a three wheeled personal electric transport capable of on-road and off-road activities for a primary purpose of transporting the user and their cargo to and from work, the store, and other destinations.
- Flagship Motorcars – displaying the new Mt Washington Auto Road company car – aSmart Electric Drive. Smart (a division of Mercedes-Benz) is proud to now offer a 100% Electric smart fortwo! Available now at Smart Center of Lynnfield, MA on Route 1, the smart Electric Drive has proven itself by climbing up and down the Mt. Washington Auto Road. Charge at home or with an optional 240V charger in just hours. Roomier inside than one would ever imagine, the 100% electric smart fortwo received a 5-star side crash safety rating and is the most affordable electric vehicle on the market by far! Qualifies for a $7500 tax rebate and includes a 10-year, unlimited mile battery guarantee.
- Twin State Ford – Bringing two Ford Energi cars, the Fusion and the C-Max. Also bringing the all electric Ford Focus.
- DragonFly Aerials – DragonFly Aerials LLC does low altitude aerial photography and aerial videography with remotely controlled 6 and 4 electric motor powered multi-rotor flying camera platforms.
- Ernie Becker – I will have a 2013 Tesla Model S. Model S sets the bar for electric driving range. Model S is offered with three battery options, each delivering unprecedented range. Tesla’s advanced electric powertrain delivers exhilarating performance. Unlike the internal combustion engine with hundreds of moving pieces that spark, pump, belch, and groan, the Tesla motor has only one moving piece: the rotor. As a result, Model S acceleration is instantaneous, like flipping a switch. Hit the accelerator. In 5.4 seconds, Model S is traveling 60 miles per hour, without hesitation and without a drop of gasoline.