Recovered from the ElMoto crash: the welder of my dreams.
I can’t rush out to buy this right away, but this is what I want. I’ve been chatting with a good buddy of mine who’s been welding bike frames for decades now- he was very emphatic that you should NEVER use a MIG on a frame- not sure what the issue is, (“dont mig a bike frame ever “) but this is the unit he suggested. We’re talkin’ $2500, but it’s a pro rig…
(edit: updated product page… now the 201.)
* Exceptional Performance! Embedded microprocessor with digital controls, delivering perfectly smooth, stable arc characteristics for E6010 Cellulose and low hydrogen electrodes.
* Smart Logic and Easy Link! Prevents damage to the internal components if installed to improper voltage. Multi voltage 208-230/460 1 or 3 phase providing maximum flexibility.
* Thermal Overload Protection! Indicator alerts the operator if duty cycle is exceeded or airflow is blocked.
* Easy To Use! Simple, user friendly set-up and operation.
* Twist Lock Output Terminals! Allow for easy polarity reversal and cable change.
* Remote Receptacle Fitted! Allows remote devices to be connected for controlling amperage and output contactor.
* Standards Compliant Integrated VRD! Voltage Reduction Device reduces the OCV when the power supply is not in use. This all but eliminates the risk of electric shock to the operator from the secondary welding circuit.
* Job Save & Load! Allows operator to store up to 5 exact optimized welding parameters then digitally recall them with perfect repeatability.
* Smart Warning Diagnostics! Alerts operator to power supply abnormalities.
* Lift Start TIG! Provides TIG arc starting without use of high frequency.
* Hot Start! For easy arc starts when STICK welding.
* HF Arc Starting! Provides noncontact arc starting that eliminates tungsten or material contamination.
* True square wave output! Highly developed balance and cleaning features deliver an unbeatable welding performance with extended tungsten life on aluminum and magnesium alloys without the need for continuous high frequency.
* AC Frequency! Gives the operator control over weld bead shape.
* AC Balance! Allows you to fine tune the AC welding cycle.
* Rapid pulse output! Provides precision control over pulse on/off, pulse frequency, peak % time, background and peak amperage, initial and final slope times, and amperage.
* Intelligent heat sensing fan! Operates as needed to cool components & reduce airborne contaminants pulled through the power source.